Featured post

Book Review - The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (movie tie-in)

Title: The Snowman (Harry Hole Book 7) Author: Jo Nesbo Edition: Movie Tie-in Rating: 5 stars  'The Snowman' was the book that ...

Sunday 1 March 2015

Book Review: Shallow Waters by Rebecca Bradley

Title: Shallow Waters
Author: Rebecca Bradley
Series: DI Hannah Robins Book 1
Rating: 3.5 Stars

A grim and dark crime debut from Rebecca Bradley. I found it to be a well written but disturbing novel, in fact it was possibly a little bit too disturbing for my taste. It did take me a while to get into, but once the story got underway I began to enjoy it a great deal.

DI Hannah Robbins is an intriguing character, and one who I look forward to seeing more of as the series continues. I do feel that the book could have done with a bit more humour to help break up the grimness, but overall I found it to be a good read and will definitely read the next book in the series once it's available.

A good, strong debut. 3.5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment