Featured post

Book Review - The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (movie tie-in)

Title: The Snowman (Harry Hole Book 7) Author: Jo Nesbo Edition: Movie Tie-in Rating: 5 stars  'The Snowman' was the book that ...

Tuesday 10 February 2015

Book Review - Holy Cow by David Duchovny

Title: Holy Cow
Author: David Duchovny
Release Date: Feb 3rd 2015
Rating: 3.5 Stars

How do I even begin to review this book? It's very different to anything I've ever read before, and I don't think I've come across another book quite as crazy as this one...and yet, surprisingly, I enjoyed it so much more than I thought I would!

"Holy Cow" is a book written by David Duchovny (yes, THAT David Duchovny) and is about Elsie the cow, who one day finds out the truth about what really happened to her mother when she disappeared, and decides that the same thing will NOT be happening to her.

What follows is a laugh out loud funny adventure that is also moving in parts. "Holy Cow" is a book that really does make you think about things that most of us very rarely even consider when it comes to the treatment of animals by humans. It isn't a book that will appeal to everyone, and to be perfectly honest, I doubt I would ever have even looked at it if it hadn't been written by David Duchovny of "The X Files" fame, but I'm so glad I did.

A unique book, written in a style very different to anything I've ever read before. Recommended to anyone who is willing to try something a bit different. And you never know, you might actually enjoy it just as much as I did! I do know one thing for sure, though: I will never look at a cow in quite the same way ever again.

A crazy 3.5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment